I was nominated for The Liebster Award by Tracey over at Books and Other Pursuits. Thank you so much for the nomination and tagging me in my first tag on my blog!
- Answer the questions that were left for you
- Nominate your favorite new bloggers (or those with less than 500 followers)
- Write 11 questions for them to answer
- Follow all of the blogs linked (including mine)!
- How do you feel about cliffhangers?
I’m usually all for cliff hangers if there is going to be a sequel. I love the mystery that leaves you wanting more from the book. For stand-alones then I want it to wrap up nicely and have a solid ending.
- Love triangles, yes or no?
No. I find them very cliché and most of them aren’t executed very well. I want more from a book than a love triangle plot twist.
- The most recent book you just couldn’t finish
I very rarely DNF a book. It honestly takes a lot for me to think ‘I just can’t finish this’ but the last book I could not finish was ‘Queen of Hearts’ by Colleen Oakes
- A book you dislike that everyone else seems to love?
‘Everything, Everything’ by Nicola Yoon. It is honestly one of the most boring books I have ever read. Just watch the film trailor and save yourself a days reading.
- A book you can always reread? I feel this is a popular answer, but Harry Potter. A book series that I will read time and time again.
- Can you read while hearing music?
I listen to one band only when I’m reading. Simply because I listen to them so often that I can blank out the lyrics which otherwise would distract me.
- One POV or multiple POV’s? I do love mutliple POV’s in a book. I like seeing the different character’s perspectives and I feel that it can add a lot to a storyline. However, a lot of the books I’ve read recently with different POV’s struggle to get the differing voice which I feel lets it down.
- Who is your favorite character in a book series?
Tyrion Lanister from A Game of Thrones series. He’s not necessarily my favourite character but I just find him so interesting, funny and charming. I just love reading about him!
- Who/What gave you your love for reading?
I got into reading when I was very young. I just loved how people could read the book and no one person would see it the same.
- Why did you start blogging?
Unfortunately, my blog came from tragically losing a close friend last year. Kerry loved reading and had a blog/ booktube channel herself and was something that she loved. Reading was something we always had in common so I thought I’d try it out as it made me feel closer to her.
- What has been your biggest blogging achievement?
Being approached by an author and being given the opportunity to read and review his books. And of course, meeting and making loads of new friends!
- What book or series got you into reading?
- What is something, other than reading, that you love?
- What is an unusual reading habit that you have?
- Do you read ahead or skip pages?
- What is your favourite book you have read this year?
- Do you prefer standalones or series?
- What was the last book you added to your TBR?
- What is a popular book that you have no interest in reading?
- If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What villian do you love to hate?
- Why do you love blogging?